maanantai 21. tammikuuta 2013

My extraordinary days

Hey people!

Louisiana floods very easily I notised. That's because it's flat. Flat like "Osterbotten-Pohjanmaa" in Finland. It flooded so mush that we kind of lived in a middle of a lake. Thank God our house didn't flood like some others. We missed school for two days which was awesome!

Even though I've been babysitting and cleaning like almost every day, I've still had some time to do fun stuff.
I got to go to a real rodeo with bulls, horses and some real cowboys! It was so much more fun than I thought. They even had this "clown" person who was seriously funny! He wasn't a clown but a clown you know..
I just have to point out again that the food here is the best!

I don't really know how I feel about this next thing, but I've been around a lot of kids lately and so thay are kind of making me a kid or at least more childish. It's weird and I don't know how to handle it.

Anyhow..now I feel very good about myself because I was to the gym this morning. Some of ya'll have no idea how hard it is to find the time and a way to get there and all that.
There's no local transport here, so no buses or anything. And yes I could ride a bike or walk/run if they'de let me. But it's dangerous here they say and I can't go alone. It's not like I can tell them "bye I'm going running..I'll be back in an hour or two.."  and..someone needs to babysit all the kids.

There's been a lot of birthdays now. Canaan (my host mum) and Abigail (host sister) just had their birthdays. And soon it's Carries (host cousin), Taylors (host cousin), Benjamins (real brother) and then also my birthday! I'm so exsited! I'm turning 18!  The sad parst..I can't get my drivers lisens yet and I'm graduating BoGy (Borga Gymnasium) when I'm 20..haha! It's so sad it's funny!

So some upcoming things are all the birthdays and in April this girl is going to New York City and Boston! I can't wait! And I also cant wait to eat boiled craw fish and experience Mardi Gras! It's a crazy carneval kind of thing before easter, if I understood it right. People party like crazy before the time of fasting. I think the main idea of it is dumb..to eat like crazy, party (sometimes go a bit too far) and drink before you can't do it no more for a long time. How is that okay in Gods eyes? Oh well! Not everybody does it like that! Some people just watch the carneval things and have a good time. That's the way I've understood it.
Well I'm going to spend that bweekend at my church. I don't know exactly what's going to happen but I'll write about it after the weekend.

Today it's "Martin Luther King junior" day. So we didn't go to school today. And for some awesome reason we don't have schol tomorrow either.

By the way.. The (holy) Bible is an awesome book. I recomend it to anyone.

Enjoy life while it lasts. Don't waste a day. You can never have it back!
So don't worry, be happy!

1 kommentti:

  1. Matt 18:3
    Vi skall vara som barn i Guds rike.
    Not childish but childlike ;)

    VastaaPoista