sunnuntai 23. joulukuuta 2012

Happy Christmas Merry Hollydays...!

Hello everybody!
It's a regular Sunday and we went to church as usual. It was a good service as usual. It was about not being alone on Christmas. About how we should have Jesus with us not only on Christmas but everyday. We are all sinners. And if we're dirty we can't go inside Gods house. We need to be cleaned up. There's no dirt in his house. I'm not sure where I'm going with this but I just want to say that you should invite Jesus to your Christmas. Btw..Emmanuel meand "God with us". Yeah.. Don't forget that!

So...Happy Christmas and Merry Hollydays!
This Christmas is messed up for me. The only stable thing this Christmas is Jesus.
There's no snow. It is 25 degrees Celsius outside.
One day there's 35 people celebrating Christmas and the next day I'm babysitting two kids.
We ate "enchaladas" instead of a huge pig (and all the other stuff we eat in Finland).
We didn't have any kind of Christmas thing at school. (only a weird concert).
No Santa Claus.
There's no Christmas decorations.
My real family is not with me.
We don't have a Christmas tree, aso..
BUT what we do have is:
Christmas stockings.
Christmas gifts.
Christmas movies on TV.
A fireplace (it's fake but I love it).
Christmas music on the radio.
Jesus.

This Christmas is not what I expected of an American Christmas at all. I thought it would be a huge thing but it's much bigger in Finland. I'm not complaining. I'm just surprised. And it's just a different Christmas than I'm used to. And it's a new experience. I think Christmas might be a bit of a hard time for all exchange students. Because we don't have our real families with us and this is the time family comes together.
This is maybe the hardest culture shock I've had so far because Christmas is important to me. But I'm going to take this as it is and taking all I can out of it.

Merry Christmas everybody! I love you and miss you kaikki Suomalaiset hullut! :)


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti